What is Evolutionary Astrology?
Using a synthesis of humanistic psychology, ancient wisdoms and metaphysics astrology has been modernized as a useful tool to assist us with increasing self-understanding. Symbols and their placements within the birth chart along with the employment of ancient myth and archetypes create the design and formation of a map for your soul’s journeys.
Evolutionary Astrology can assist by looking at historical, current and future cycles. Becoming more mindful of our habits, gifts and tendencies only increases awareness and with that comes greater consciousness and the evolving of our healing.
Ours is not to predict but rather to co-create our futures. We are free and unlimited; never fated to anything and no one should predict the future. We have free will! Our birth charts will however indicate our tendencies, strengths and weaknesses, gifts and talents along with seasons or cycles that we live through. Our chart may assist us in seeing better choices as we navigate the waters of life.
Evolutionary Astrology embraces paradigms and methodologies which specifically measure the growth of the soul from life to life. These methods invariably focus on the planet Pluto and its relationship to the Nodal Axis. While it is composed of a set of specific formal methodologies, evolutionary astrology is ultimately characterized less by a technical approach than by a set of philosophical principles defined by natural law. Different evolutionary astrologers may use somewhat different interpretive methods, but they can always be recognized by a devotion to the following core perceptions:
1. An acceptance of the fact that human beings incarnate in a succession of lifetimes.
2. An acceptance of the fact that the birthchart reflects the evolutionary condition of the soul at the moment of incarnation.
3. An acceptance of the fact that the birthchart reflects the evolutionary intentions of the soul for the present life.
4. An acceptance of the fact that the circumstances of the present life, both materially and psychologically, do not arise randomly, but rather reflect the evolutionary intentions and necessities of the soul.
5. An acceptance of the fact that human beings interact creatively and unpredictably with their birthcharts; that all astrological symbols are multi-dimensional and are modulated into material and psychic expression by the consciousness of the individual.
6. An acceptance of the fact that human beings are responsible for the realities they experience, both internally and externally.
7. A respectful intention to accept and support a person seeking astrological help, no matter the evolutionary state in which such an individual finds himself or herself.
Copyright 2000, Steven Forrest and Jeffrey Wolf Green